- Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Salary: £20,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Job Type: Contract, full-time
Back to careers
Able Group is a leading nationwide reactive maintenance company covering a variety of trades since 1993, we have an extensive portfolio of fully qualified and time-served engineers.
Due to high demand Able Group are currently looking for heating engineers to join our fast-paced working team to cover reactive work for us on a self-employed/contracting basis. Whether you want to top-up your current earnings around your existing workload or find a new revenue stream entirely, fill in the application form or call in and speak with one of our recruitment specialists today.
You will need to:
- Be confident and able to resolve issues in a quick and time efficient manner
- Provide quotes and alternative solutions on jobs when required
- Have qualifications Gas Safe Card (front and back) and ACS Certificates as evidence of CCN1, CENWAT, CEN1, CPA1 etc
- Carry sufficient stock to be able to complete most of the basic replace/refit works
- Be willing to cover emergency/time-sensitive works, during normal working hours as well as evenings and weekends
- Have access to your own works vehicle to travel to and from job
- Act in a polite and professional manner
- Be clean and tidy on all works
- Not only do we operate a service for domestic customers, but we also work closely with Estate Agents, Housing Associations and Facility/Property Management, for their everyday property maintenance needs
- Health and Safety Qualification
- Risk Assessment Qualification (preferred not essential)
- A consistent flow of work in your local area
- Advertising across all platforms and social media, so you don’t have to!
- 24-hour support from Able Group Head Office
- All necessary site paperwork for completion
- All of your workload managed and assigned to you
- Able Group deal with the customer contact, arranging of works, scheduling of appointments and re-booking when/where necessary